Animals are our passion, but we believe the arts are important, too! The arts provide opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality. They are languages that all people speak, cutting across racial, cultural, social, educational and economic barriers and enhancing cultural appreciation and awareness. A world without art is like a world without animals – quiet, empty and meaningless.
Artists and in-kind donors have always been our partners in animal welfare, and we hope you will assist the animals in need by donating a gift to this year’s Art For Arf’s Sake! We know that you receive many requests to donate to charitable organizations, and we appreciate your consideration. Proceeds from the auction allow the staff at The Humane Society of Berks County and The Humane League of Lancaster County to care for thousands of animals each year until they find forever homes. Unlike most shelters, we provide high-quality veterinary care through our nationally-accredited, nonprofit Humane Veterinary Hospitals and continue to positively impact families through our widely recognized PetNet programs. Thanks to our donors’ generosity, tens of thousands of animals’ lives have been saved since the event’s inception 11 years ago.
Click Here to donate your art, item or service!
All items must be received by April 21, 2017 to be included in the Live Auction. Any artist who has submitted a piece by April 7, 2017 and whose piece has been selected to be featured in the Live Auction is invited to the exclusive Patron Preview Reception on April 28, 2017 to mingle with other artists and patrons. All additional items will go toward the silent auction and raffle prizes.
In order to take full advantage of all of the promotional opportunities available, your commitment form, digital image, and donation must be received by the final deadline. Items received after the final deadline may not be included in all possible promotional and print materials and/or the Live Auction, but will still be accepted.
When making your donation, please keep the following in mind:
- Our bidding audience is very generous with an appreciation for high quality art and products. Unsure what to donate? Call us anytime; we can tell you what’s hot.
- Art, product and service donations in the $200 to $2,000 value range are best suited for the Arf’s Art audience.
- We request that art be original with the exception of artist-signed, high-quality Giclee prints.
- Please have artwork mounted, framed and ready to hang (no clip frames). Art that does not lend itself to framing must be fully finished and ready for sale.
- Art may be in any media or address any subject. Please do not limit yourself to animal motifs; we like to offer a wide variety of art to enhance the bidding opportunities.
- Donations of products and services are welcomed. Concert or sports tickets, antiques, collectibles, fine wine or spirits and vacation getaways have traditionally drawn high bids.
- The Humane Pennsylvania event planning committee selects donated pieces, items and services for the live, silent and Chinese auctions and reserves the right to decline donations. Art selected for the auction will be sold for the highest bid received. In the event any art, item, or service is unsold, you will be notified the week following the event.
Thank you for your time and your support of Humane Pennsylvania!
Please email Events & Donor Relations Manager, Lauren Henderson, at email@example.com for more information.