DANIELLE RUIZ-MURPHY CENTER
Address: 503 S Center Road, Birdsboro, PA 19508 | Phone: 610-921-2348
The HSBC’s third facility in Berks County, the Danielle Ruiz-Murphy Center for Animal Welfare is a combined free community dog park and multi-acre equine rescue center.
The Ruiz-Murphy Dog Park is open seven days a week during daylight hours and is free to the public. All rules and regulations are posted at the park. Please enjoy the park safely and remember that although it is free to you, but not free for us to operate. Make a donation online now to support the park or pick up a donation brochure when you visit to make a donation by mail!
Important notice for park goers with “rough playing dogs”, sailor’s mouths and unruly children: We have received a few complaints (Keyword “few,” because we generally receive glowing reviews and are greatly appreciative for them!) that fall in three basic categories: Owners with dogs who play rough, owners with improperly supervised children, and people who don’t know how to act and speak civilly. If you fall into any of these groups, please take the following into consideration:
- My dog likes to “play rough”: That’s wonderful! But it doesn’t mean people want your dog “playing rough” with theirs. It is your responsibility to be attentive and if people don’t want your dog pouncing all over theirs, even if they don’t say so and just look uncomfortable, you need to control your dog. Failure to do so may result in being banned (and should it result in injury could result in civil and criminal penalties).
- My kids are just having fun: That’s wonderful! But your kids are also vastly more likely to get bitten if they are running around, eating, and making a ton of noise. The dog park is there for dogs and we must ask you to make sure your children are protected by being within arm’s reach, quiet, and still. Failure to do so may result in being banned.
- I talk/act like an extra on Deadwood/Boardwalk Empire/Game of Thrones: That’s not cool at all and will not be tolerated. Aggressive behavior directed at other park goers, intimidation or use of profanity will result in your being banned from the park and may result in criminal charges being filed against you.
It is the tiniest fraction of a minority who create issues. We truly appreciate your efforts to not be among that minority and to allow us to keep the park open, free and fun for everyone. Thank you!
DOG PARK PARTNERS
The Humane Society maintains the Ruiz-Murphy Center as a free community dog park for residents of Berks County and their furry friends. But brother, that ain’t cheap! In addition to financial support from donors like you, the HSBC seeks donations of items and services to help us keep the park open, beautiful, and free. We’d like to thank the following businesses for their support, and we ask that you remember to support the businesses that support the HSBC!
- A very generous donation from J.P. Mascaro & Sons and the Mascaro family established the Ruiz-Murphy Center in 2010. Their support enabled the HSBC to realize a long-planned community dog park, and we can’t thank them enough!
Click here to visit J.P. Mascaro & Sons’ website.
- Wanner Gardens of Douglassville has supplied landscaping materials and advice to the HSBC for a number of projects over the past four years, including donations to the Ruiz-Murphy Center.
Visit Wanner here!
- Schmehl’s Lawn Service mows and maintains the grassy lawns and pastures at the Ruiz-Murphy Center. They have generously donated services and materials including pasture maintenance and mulch to help us keep the park beautiful.
2319 Limekiln Road, Douglassville PA 19518 – (610) 582-5382