Would you like a job where you can do the things that probably made you become a veterinary technician in the first place? Look no further! We are looking for a Veterinary Technician for our brand new Wellness Clinic. As we continue expanding our services for pets and the people who love them, we want to hear from you – as long as you are either a Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Technician with at least two years of Veterinary Hospital, Shelter Medicine, or High Volume Spay/ Neuter experience. The key responsibilities of a Veterinary Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a high level of animal welfare and work to improve their quality of life.
- Administering medicines and monitoring animals under anesthesia and recovering from surgery.
- Caring for pets while educating pet owners.
We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian for Humane Pennsylvania’s Humane Veterinary Hospitals (HVH), as well as for the programs, services, and clinics under HVH direction. Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to diagnoses and treatment of pets, surgical capabilities, and engaging with clients to improve the lives and well beings of animals and families. Strong peer and mentor support, as well as opportunities for professional growth and focus, are provided.
Humane Pennsylvania’s mission is to building the best communities anywhere to be an animal or animal caretaker. Humane Veterinary Hospitals is how that mission is becoming a reality. Humane Veterinary Hospitals is an AAHA accredited, multi-doctor, multi-location practice. Multiple brand new or newly renovated, state-of-the-art facilities include full service practices, walk-in clinics, mobile community services, and shelter medicine programs. HVH and Humane PA offer care to the community for sick and well visits, general surgery including dentistry, with full dental radiology. Pet owners receive top-notch client amenities and the highest quality care from a well-trained, professional veterinary team. HVH and HPA put pets and people before profit. That means our staff get to practice medicine that is not cookie cutter check list driven, and is supported by innovative client supports and financial assistance.
HVH offers diverse and varied career opportunities or for a focus on particular areas of interest (general practice, surgery, community services, etc.) for all our veterinary staff. If you want to be a part of the future of both veterinary medicine and animal welfare, then we want to be your partner in success!
- Excellent pay based on skills and experience
- Generous signing bonus
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance, continuing education, uniform allowance, and a generous signing bonus.
- 40-hour working week, 4-5 day weekly schedule, no after-hours or on-call work.
The key skills and qualities of a Veterinary Technician:
- A desire to make a fundamental positive difference in the lives of animals and people through veterinary medical practice
- Experience with animal restraint, venipuncture, and medication administration is required
- Applicants must be able to work independently and as a team, have a friendly personality, and superior animal care skills
- Empathetic communication skills and a love of animals and the human animal bond
- CVT license in Pennsylvania, or at least two years of Veterinary Hospital, Shelter Medicine, or High Volume Spay/ Neuter experience is preferred.
- Additional skills such as surgical prep, anesthesia induction, recovering and monitoring, dental prophy and dental radiography skills are preferred
- Spanish-speaking is a highly desirable.
If you want to learn more about this exciting, forward-thinking organization and taking the next step in your career, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Malkin, Director of Veterinary Services
1729 N. 11th Street, Reading, PA 19604