In This Section
Humane Pennsylvania empowers the people in our communities to increase their capacity to care for animals so that all animals are healthy, safe, and treated humanely.
HOW WE MEASURE SUCCESS
Operationally, we have set goals to:
Advance Animal Welfare, Support a Healthy Community, Champion a Thriving Organization, Maintain Financial Health
WE’RE MORE THAN A SHELTER
- Two Veterinary Hospitals – Reading and Lancaster
- Healthy Pets Initiative
- Walk-In Clinic
- Pay-What-You-Can Clinics
- Spikes Pet Pantry
YOUR SUPPORT IN ACTION
We are deeply committed to meeting the varied needs of animals and the people who love them. But we can’t do it without the generosity of our friends in the community – friends who know that when they donate to Humane Pennsylvania, they are making extraordinary work possible.
AND, WHAT DOES THIS GIVING SUPPORT?
- The average cost to care for each of the companion animals admitted in 2019-20 was $848.
- The daily cost to care for companion animals was approximately $74,000 in 2019-20.
- Every companion animal we place in a loving home is spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and provided the highest level of care while they are in our shelters.
- Innovative programs such as our Healthy Pets Initiaiative
- Our Community Support Services, which provide more than 1 million pet meals each year and offer a life-changing safety-net for pet families in need.
These figures are a small snapshot of what we accomplish together with people like you who love animals. Together, we can create a more humane Pennsylvania.