Organizing a fundraising event for Humane Pennsylvania can be fun and rewarding for both you and the animals. Generous friends have supported the animals through a variety of events such as birthday parties, bake sales, garage sales, donation drives etc.
HOW HUMANE PENNSYLVANIA CAN HELP:
We can provide the following once your event has been approved:
- A support letter that validates the authenticity of the event
- Limited promotional materials
- Online website and social media event promotion
Humane Pennsylvania cannot provide the following:
- Event funding or reimbursement
- Mailing/email lists
- Guaranteed shelter animals at the event
- Guaranteed Humane Pennsylvania staff/volunteers to participate in the planning or hosting of event
- Guaranteed sponsors
- Permits, licenses or insurance
- Prizes, auction items, awards
HELPFUL EVENT PLANNING HINTS:
- Brainstorm event ideas. The only limit is your imagination: A-thons (Walk-a-thons, Jump-a-thons, Groom-a-thons, you name it!); Auctions; Yard Sales; Parties; School Events; Car Washes; Bake Sales
- For event assistance please contact Director of Events & Corporate Relations Lauren Henderson at email@example.com or 610-750-6100 ext. 211
- Form an event planning committee. Work with others who are interested in raising money for the animals
- Set a date for your event that gives you plenty of time for planning
- Set fundraising goals and a budget. The lower your cost, the higher the contribution
- Register your event online at www.FirstGiving.com
- Be aware of any legal, insurance, liability, permit and safety issues you may need to address
- Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! Flyers, posters and other promotional materials can help your event gain support and attendees. Humane Pennsylvania can provide you with a limited quantity of printed materials and online advertising.
Application must be approved by Humane Pennsylvania prior to publicizing or hosting events.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The Event Proposal Application must be submitted to Humane Pennsylvania at least six weeks prior to publicizing or holding the event.
- The name and logo of Humane Pennsylvania are registered trademarks. The event proposal must show potential for income and/or community awareness for Humane Pennsylvania to warrant the use of the name and/or logo.
- Humane Pennsylvania reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time, and will not assume any costs that may be involved in doing so.
- If the event is cancelled, the event organizer agrees to contact Humane Pennsylvania at least 48 hours prior to the event.
- Humane Pennsylvania will not assume financial or legal responsibility and is not responsible for any personal or property damage.
- Humane Pennsylvania reserves the right to work with the event organizer on promotional efforts.
- Event information to be released to the media must be reviewed by Humane Pennsylvania prior to distribution.
- Existing Humane Pennsylvania advertising in newspapers, on television or radio is not guaranteed to be used to benefit the event.
- Promotion of the event to Humane Pennsylvania staff and volunteers may occur internally, at the discretion of Humane Pennsylvania representatives.
- To ensure there is a distinction between Humane Pennsylvania and all third party events, the event organizer must handle all monies until the official donation is submitted to Humane Pennsylvania.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will be donated to Humane Pennsylvania.
- A financial accounting record of the event income and expenses may be requested by Humane Pennsylvania upon completion of the event.
- Money raised must be received within 90 days of the event.
Humane Pennsylvania is a registered 501(c)3 charity and will issue charitable tax receipts upon request if the following conditions apply:
- Humane Pennsylvania requires an accounting record detailing donations and expenses for your event. Humane Pennsylvania reserves the right to audit the financial records pertaining to your event.
- Income tax receipts will be issued to those who have not received a product or tangible item in exchange for their donation.
- Humane Pennsylvania receives a clearly written list of the names and addresses of the donors, together with their donation amount.
Humane Pennsylvania cannot issue tax receipts for donated services or paid services (e.g., graphic design, advertising, construction, entertainment, tent set-up etc.), or for product sales.