COVID-19 Coronavirus Notice
To ensure the health of our community, employees, and animals – and upon the recommendation of health officials – We will be activating a Partial Shut down on our Hospital Facility
Our dedicated staff will be on site to provide essential services and veterinary care for sick patients as noted below during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- The Veterinary Hospital will see sick patients only on a case by case basis. Clients must call ahead to speak to a receptionist who will conduct a preliminary screening on the phone.
- All Well visits, Annual Exams and Vaccine appointments will be rescheduled.
- All elective hospital surgeries will be rescheduled.
- Prescription refills will be available on a call-ahead approval basis.
When you arrive at the hospital:
- Clients are to call the hospital number when they arrive in our parking lot. A technician will be out to get your pet.
- The vet will call you to discuss the findings of your pet’s exam and to explain the treatment plan.
- The technician or receptionist will take payment over the phone and bring your pet, any take home medications and your receipt back out to you.
Humane Pennsylvania is focused on the health of animals and the people of our community. And now, during this important and uncertain time, we are implementing these measures to safeguard the health and safety of our community and ensure we are here for the animals in the months ahead.
Thank you for your understanding and support for these changes.
FACILITY CLOSING – IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Humane Veterinary Hospital- Reading 610-921-8387
Humane Veterinary Hospital- Lancaster 717-826-9762
Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*Hours are subject to change. Please check our Facebook page for the latest updates.*
Humane Veterinary Hospitals Provide the Best Care by the Best Vets
Our goal is to provide every pet owner with access to top quality vet care for their pets. For the average pet owner, that means great care at average market rates and the satisfaction of knowing that the money you are spending on your pet’s health care will be going to helping homeless, abused, and injured pets that would not be cared for without our help.
Healthy Pets Initiative
The Healthy Pets Initiative (HPI) is an audacious and novel animal welfare intervention intended to undercut the causes of preventable animal suffering and shelter intake on a community-wide scale.
Striving to provide affordable, highest-quality pet wellness care including:
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Services
- Microchip Services
- Community Pet Clinics