In This Section
We are looking for outgoing volunteers that love engaging with others and are interested in inspiring compassion and sharing our mission throughout the community. Most of our community events take place between April and October, and mainly occur in the evenings and on the weekends.
Community Events may include:
- Community fairs
- Table setups
- Career fairs
Your experience/qualifications include:
- Basic customer service skills
- Reliable transportation to and from community events
- Picking up/dropping off materials required for event is preferred
- Bilingual skills desired but not required
- Must be over the age of 18 to volunteer unaccompanied (Teens between the ages of 14 and 17, must volunteer under the supervision of a parent/guardian at all times, OR they may volunteer without adult supervision at the discretion of Humane Pennsylvania staff following an initial training assessment with a parent/guardian present. Looking for opportunities for kids 13 and under? Visit our Kid Volunteers page!
Volunteer applications are typically reviewed within one week of applying.
- Online application – We recruit new volunteers throughout the year, on an as needed basis.
- If you are over the age of 18, apply HERE!
- If you are between the ages of 14 and 17, opportunities are coming soon.
- Online Learning – Complete your online learning modules from home via MyImpact and then schedule your initial training session.
- In-person training – new volunteers complete an initial in-person training, provided by one of our HPA Staff or Veteran Volunteers.
Your support will help the staff at our campuses focus on caring for the animals!
For more information, contact Nicole Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org.